Tips for burning soy candles
These are some tips to enjoy your soy candles for a longer time and in a more safe way.
- Although soy candles produces less sooth than paraffin candles you should not burn too many candles in one small room. Make sure that there is enough ventilation in the room.
- Before lighting the soy candle the wick should be trimmed to about 5 mm. Otherwise the soy candle will smoke and burn too fast. When you are trimming your wicks make sure not leave the trimmings in the candle wax, as they will produce sooth.
- Keep burning soy candles away from children, pets and flammable materials. Never leave burning candles unattended.
- Soy candles should not be put for too long time in direct sunlight to prevent the colour from fading.
- Follow any manufacturer instructions carefully.
- Do not place soy candles next to each other. Allow enough space (15 cm) between the candles.
- Allow soy candle to cool and harden before relighting.
- To extinguish a soy candles use a special wick dipper. This will avoid the formation of unhealthy smoke. Use the end of a wick dipper to push the wick into the pool of wax and then pull the wick up.
- When burning a soy candle it is advised to burn it for 2 hours for each 5 cm of diameter, to allow the formation of a large melt pool which will release more scent. For example a 10 cm candle should be burned for two ours. If you burn the candle too frequently for a shorter period it will burn down the center, leaving you too much wax at the sides.
- Do not allow the flame to touch the side of the glass jar. The jar may become too hot and may burst.