soya
Soya  -  Information about Soy and Soya Products
Home Soy Foods Reviews Soya Health Soya Recipes Soy Candles

Soy candles
Soy is also used as renewable ingredient for non-food products, such as soy candles and biofuel. Soy candles produce less soot than paraffin candles and burn longer.
animated soy candle

RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   LoginLogin 
Disadvantages of soy milk

Soya.be Forum Index -> Other health effects
Nicky

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:56 pm 

But I heard that Soya Milk was a great way to battle against Celulite?

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:03 pm 

icon_eek.gif As a soya milk drinker, I'm concerned about the 200 mg of oxalic acid present in each 4-oz serving. For an oxalic kidney stone sufferer, this is considered a "High" level of oxalic acid and kidney websites recommend against drinking it. However, manufactureres like White Wave add 30% of the RDA of calcium carbonate to their soy milk as a Ca supplement.

However, the oxalic acid present in the soy milk will precipitate out at least half of the calcium. I think that if you take a calcium supplement when you ingest soy milk, you should be ok as far both oxalic acid and calcium are concerned. But, I wonder if White Wave is even considering the amount of oxalic acid in their product when they calculated the amount of calcium carbonate to add?

Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:43 pm 

soy milk does not cause cancer....in fact its proven that it can reduce the risk of certain cancers such as breast, uterine and colon.

rose

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:07 pm 
dear dalagang_bukid

if you want to know more information about soya, www.bullz-eye.com, www.consumerbuyguide.com, campaignfortruth.com/Eclub/070503/soyawarning.htm

I hope this sites will help you. icon_wink.gif icon_biggrin.gif

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:14 pm 

Asians dont have any problems regarding population rates because they don't feed their infants with soya milk. they only cook it for viands and also, manufactured soya are not much appreciated in some asian countries. if you will notice, the most popular in asian countries is the tofu which is made by local tofu makers who are not fond of adding preservatives. icon_smile.gif

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:59 am 

Facts About Soya Milk

tick Soya milk is a "super food" and is an excellent source of nutrition. Soya beans contain all three of the macro-nutrients required for good nutrition: carbohydrate, healthy fat, and complete protein. soya beans are also an excellent source of B vitamins, calcium, folic acid and iron. The latest research is showing that soya beans have many anti-carcinogenic properties due to soya isoflavones ? these are phytochemicals which exert biological effects in humans and animals.
tick The consumption of soya foods made from soya beans, rather than soya protein powder, is known to be safe and healthy in moderation. In addition to fighting cancer, other scientific studies show that soya milk and soya beans may help prevent diabetes and heart disease.
tick The fat in soya beans is health promoting rather than fattening: 61% is polyunsaturated and 24% is monounsaturated, which is comparable to the total unsaturated fat content of many other vegetable oils. Soya milk is high in linoleic and linolenic acid which help the body absorb vital nutrients and maintain good health.
tick The consumption of soya bean milk is good for health as part of a balanced diet. But don't just stick to soya bean milk - try other milks such as rice milk and almond milk. Never give soya bean milk, dairy milk (or any other type of milk) to children under two - they should only be given human breast milk or baby formula milk.

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:20 am 
Soya

Soya milk has a high protein content which is so good for musle repair and body building. The disadvantage, if your body doesn't absorb the protein it will be a gall stone or it will form a stone in the kidney.

But cases are very small about 2% with every 1000 population.

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:20 pm 

Soy Milk is good when it is properly processed. If you refer to the Compendium of materia medica ( Medical Book on hebal) It describes soymilk taste flat with sweetish flavour. If your soymilk dont have such taste means you are not drinking healthy soymilk. In fact all bean family has toxic.It is the their mother nature defense system to protect against insects, animals etc to eat them. If you know how to break these defense system you will be able to get all the good nutrients out of the bean.

dexter

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:15 am 

Is ok for a person who have a gouty arthritis to drink a soy milk?

Erik

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:25 pm 

The jury is still out on the effect of soy on gout. One study found that the intake of purine-rich vegetables was not associated with risk of gout. More info: http://www.soya.be/soy-gout.php
The effect may be very individual. Some people report on our forum that they suffer more after drinking soy milk: http://www.soya.be/forum/viewtopic.php?t=124

unnat jain

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:09 pm 

Soya is no ment for other human bodies apart from chinies. well china has it in its tradition and they use it in various form. Their body has its capacity of digesting it. whereas other body types doesn't. It forms more of uric acid in other body types., which forms crystals in the knee part and limbs, which will cause major pains in later years or may be after few weeks once started drinking it., it tastes better., sometimes there are possibilities of vein expansion which may lead to cancer or someother nerval problems or diseases.

US President

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:06 pm 
Soya Milk

I believe it is healthy. I drink soya milk.

saba

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:18 am 
soya is good

I love soya milk. icon_lol.gif :lol icon_wink.gif

Soya.be Forum Index -> Other health effects  
Page 1 of 1

Soy messages - About Soya.be - Disclaimer - Privacy Policy - Copyright 2012 Soya.be