soya
Soya  -  Information about Soy and Soya Products
Home Soy Foods Reviews Soya Health Soya Recipes Soy Candles

Soy candles
Soy is also used as renewable ingredient for non-food products, such as soy candles and biofuel. Soy candles produce less soot than paraffin candles and burn longer.
animated soy candle

RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   LoginLogin 
Soy increases estrogen levels in males and females

This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies
   Soya.be Forum Index -> Reproduction

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:06 am 
Soy increases estrogen levels in males and females

Soy increases estrogen levels in males and females, which leads to a hormonal imbalance. In my case it made me breakout on the back and sides of neck. It's taking over two months for my skin and hormones to get back to normal. I know everyone's body is different and will react different to different foods and preservatives. In my case I will never forget the effects soy had on me. If you do research and find peer-reviewed articles you will find the truths about soy.

Jane

Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:39 pm 
soya myths and science

No, soya does not create hormonal imbalances. Check out www.safetyofsoya.com for an overview of the science. Phytooestrogens - the hormones you mention - are a naturally occuring plant hormone. in soya, they are 1,000 times weaker than the hormones in cow's milk - which creates far more havoc in the human body than soya ever did.

soythetruth

Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:46 pm 

to the person that started this topic above, you know nothing about soy. you have acne breakout cos you love your FRIED chicken from MCKIDDIES

happy to be here

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:54 am 

ok you guys I see conflict and I'm looking for facts rather than opinion if it's alright. I'm diognosed with stage 4 cancer that is very estrogen pos. I know soy has natural phyto-estrogens. I'm wondering if the processed wax would remove any of it. Soy wax is working well as a base for a homemade medicinal slave I apply all over body. I am a little nervous about using it now. Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Erik

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:27 am 
Soy isoflavones and breast cancer

Some doctors warn against the consumption of soy foods by woman with estrogen positive breast cancer, but this warning is also not based on facts, only on opinions! A recent study (1) mentions that "a moderate consumption of diet containing this isoflavone does not increase the risk of breast cancer recurrence in Western women, and Asian breast cancer survivors exhibit better prognosis if they continue consuming a soy diet". Another recent study (2) concluded that "among women with breast cancer, soy food consumption was significantly associated with decreased risk of death and recurrence".

I don't know the composition of your soy wax, but if it is made from soy bean oil it will contain probably no isoflavones. Soybean oil is on the USDA list of Foods Containing Zero Values for Isoflavones.

(1) Is soy consumption good or bad for the breast? J Nutr. 2010 Dec;140(12):2326S-2334S.
(2) Soy food intake and breast cancer survival. JAMA. 2009 Dec 9;302(22):2437-43.

LoraineRoberto

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:51 pm 

We consume alot of soy foods and have never had any health issues!!h

sas

Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:54 am 
soy and period

Switching to soy stopped and disrupted my period years ago so I avoid it now e.

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:23 pm 

Eating too much soy plus birth control pills caused liver adenoma. Stopped the pills and the soy and its regressed. Tried to eat soy again, got the same sick feeling, so I know its not good for everyone even though soy industry says its "safe"

This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies
   Soya.be Forum Index -> Reproduction  
Page 1 of 1

Soy messages - About Soya.be - Disclaimer - Privacy Policy - Copyright 2012 Soya.be