soya
Soya  -  Information about Soy and Soya Products
Home Soy Foods Reviews Soya Health Soya Recipes Soy Candles

Soy candles
Soy is also used as renewable ingredient for non-food products, such as soy candles and biofuel. Soy candles produce less soot than paraffin candles and burn longer.
animated soy candle

RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   LoginLogin 
Adverse effects of Soya Milk

Soya.be Forum Index -> Other health effects
Noy

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:55 am 
Adverse effects of Soya Milk

icon_biggrin.gif Hi,
I want to know if there is any adverse effect of taking soya milk. Since Soya milk is known for its high protein content what will be its effect on the uric acid.
I am lactose intolerant and I want to take soya milk as a subsitute. I have read of the benefits of soya milk but I need to know its adverse effects also, especially on uric acid of which I am controlling. Please reply.

Rob

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:11 am 

Please look at this post:
http://www.soya.be/forum/viewtopic.php?t=124

Songcatcher

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:25 pm 

Hi,

I wanted to try an alternative to cow's milk so decided to try soy. I started making my smoothies with Silk Original soy but after having it, I feel dizzy as if my brain has been drained. I feel terrible and tired and also notice my joints hurt more. I do have Rheumatoid Arthritis but after the soy, have more pain than ever.

I went back to original dairy and was fine, but thought I'd give soy one more chance...I must say that the same dizzy feeling returned and I have pain in my joints when I was fine the week before. I guess I will stop soy again..it really does make me feel so ill.

montaha Al- zahrani

Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:06 am 
soya milk

soya milk is the best milk in the warld icon_lol.gif

Collins

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:00 am 
safety of Soy

* Soy contains goitrogens which lead to depressed thyroid function.
* It also contains phytates which prevent absorption of life enhancing minerals.
* It is also loaded with phytoestrogens which sometimes block the hormone estrogen and have adverse effects on human tissues!
unfermented so has alo been implicated in;
* Breast Cancer
* Brain Damage
* Infant Abnormalities

Rob

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:42 am 
Re: safety of Soy

Collins wrote:
* Soy contains goitrogens which lead to depressed thyroid function.
* It also contains phytates which prevent absorption of life enhancing minerals.
* It is also loaded with phytoestrogens which sometimes block the hormone estrogen and have adverse effects on human tissues!
unfermented so has alo been implicated in;
* Breast Cancer
* Brain Damage
* Infant Abnormalities

Thanks for telling us your experience with soy, or did you copy it from another website?

Many foods contain goitrogens. Soy consumption is no problem if your iodine intake is normal.

Last century phytates were considered as bad anti-nutrients. But humans are not farm animals that have to convert nutrients into body mass in the most cost-efficient way. Phytates are now considered as healthy phytochemicals, with antioxidant acivity and other health promoting properties.

Epidemiological studies show that soy consumption actually reduces the risk of breast cancer, especially among women who consumed soy during puberty.

I can't find any evidence of a link between soy consumption and brain damage or infant abnormalities.

Chelsea

Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:59 am 
The other story- Soya inhebits absorption of minerals

The dizziness one can feel steams form the lack of zinc because soya milk and other soya products are preventing minerals to be absorbed by the body, more specifically in the intestinal track.

In fact soya is truly not good for you. Take the time to read the above article.

Rob

Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:18 am 

Mercola is an osteopathic physician but in the first place he is an entrepreneur. His main objective is to sells supplements and health related stuff on his website. He relies on clever use of information and scare tactics to attract visitors to his website. And he is very successful in doing this: you also put a link to his website (which I will remove it in a few days). Mercola opposes unfermented soy products but also recommends avoiding foods such as pasteurized milk, most fish, all grain products and fruit juices. He also preaches that microwaving food is unhealthy and sells convection ovens on his webshop...

Zinc deficiency does occur, but is associated with plant-based diets in impoverished nations. Vegetarians in wealthier countries also eat a lot of phytates, the chemical that is known to interfere with zinc absorption. But they don't experience zinc shortages. It is indeed true that phytates lower the intestinal absorption of minerals such as calcium, magnesium, zinc and iron. But is this good or bad in the long term? If you absorb lower quantities of minerals, you will also excrete less and may not experience shortages. And phytates are strong antioxidants and offer many other health benefits because of its anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory effects.

philandrew22

Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:18 am 

question:

is there a great negative effect of drinking or consuming soya in someone's heart? in the long run?

thanks!

bob

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:53 pm 
soya

A few years ago,i had a bad attack of gout while on holiday,and we used soya milk instead of dairy milk
And having another attack recently, my wife checked on what i had been eating, and found a chocolate bar i had been eating contained soya
I had forgotten all about attack when using soya milk, and put it all down to soya, i will be making sure i will not take anything containing soya again. As gout is very very painful

ceback01

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:38 am 

Thanks for the info!

Jayashri

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:11 pm 
Using Soya Milk for Infants

ceback01 wrote:
Thanks for the info!
I want to ask if Soya milk is given to a child of 7-9 months will it cause any harm to it at the age of 20 --23 years?

If there are any negative side effects can those be nullified with any other remedies?

su

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:26 pm 
soya milk

I thought soya milk would be a good choice as I dislike cows milk and have slight lactose intollerance. I have been feeling tired ( very unusual) and first my toes, then my thumbs and now my knees and hips began to feel very sore. My husband aked if there was anything different in my diet and the ONLY change was soya milk. I put in a search and lo and behold the first thing that came up was all my symptoms! I am surpised but greatful- thanks for posting. The soy milk is no more!

Soya.be Forum Index -> Other health effects  
Page 1 of 1

Soy messages - About Soya.be - Disclaimer - Privacy Policy - Copyright 2012 Soya.be