soya
Soya  -  Information about Soy and Soya Products
Home Soy Foods Reviews Soya Health Soya Recipes Soy Candles

Soy candles
Soy is also used as renewable ingredient for non-food products, such as soy candles and biofuel. Soy candles produce less soot than paraffin candles and burn longer.
animated soy candle

RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   LoginLogin 
Soy milk and gout

This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies
   Soya.be Forum Index -> Joint problems
prof

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:41 pm 
soya products

Rob wrote:
Hi Monkeyman, please do not post same message in all topics!

Quote:
Soya is actually a toxic by-product of the vegetable oil industry.

This is not correct! Soya has been used for thousands of years. Only recently has soya been used to extract the oil. Soy milk, tofu, tempeh and whole soybeans are no by-products.

There is a lot of anti-soya madness on the internet. If soya is that dangerous why do health authorities allow it? Soy is not dangerous! To the contrary, it contains many health promoting phytochemicals.

Unfortunatly these phytochemicals include phytoestrogens, which mimic oestrogen and also are known to destroy the immune system of baby mice. True it has been used for 1000s of years but the ancient knowledge has been lost until recently. It was used as a crop to replenish the soil(it fixes nitrogen) it was never meant to be eaten! When it was discovered that you could ferment it the chinese forgot that it should not be consumed. Feeding a baby on formula with soya in it can be the equivalent of giving your baby 5 birth control pills every day. I am sorry for the soya fans but the health benefits are heavily outweighed by the dangers!

Erik

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:54 pm 

Soy does not contain chemicals from birth control pills. Administration of pure isoflavones to animals causes decreased fertility, but clinically relevant adverse effects of soy infant formula in infants are not reported (1). The Arkansas Children's Nutrition Center is conducting a prospective longitudinal study comparing growth, development, and health of breastfed children with formula-fed children from birth through age 6 y. After 5 y of study, children in all 3 groups are growing and developing within normal limits, and there are no indications of adverse effects in the soy-fed children (2).

(1) Soy infant formula: is it that bad? Acta Paediatr. 2011 Feb;100(2):162-6.
(2) The health implications of soy infant formula. Am J Clin Nutr. 2009 May;89(5):1668S-1672S.

lactose free

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:30 pm 
milk alternative

go with Almond milk -- definitely the best alternative to regular milk and soy milk -- plus it's less fattening. icon_biggrin.gif

TG

Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:01 pm 
Re: Soy Milk and gout

I also Have found that using Soya Milk will bring on a gout attack. I have found that either oat milk or rice milk to be a good alternative

beckyperkins55@yahoo.com

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:25 pm 
GOUT & SOY OIL

I have been taking dark cherry pills from the health food store as well as celery seed for my gout. I would like to add the cranberry pills to my vitamin list but read that these contain Soybean Oil and <2% of Soy Lecithin.
Question: Should I avoid these pills because of the Soybean Oil and Soy Lecithin and the effect they may have on my gout?

This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies
   Soya.be Forum Index -> Joint problems  
Page 1 of 1

About Soya.be - Disclaimer - Privacy Policy - Copyright 2012 Soya.be